Search This Blog

Friday, March 25, 2011

just back up before i snap ...

So, university is tougher than I expected. I'm finding it difficult to keep up with the reading load that goes with my courses. I knew there would be a lot of reading, but I didn't realise how much spare time I wouldn't have. It keeps piling up on me. I just get caught back up and a whole lot more comes crashing down. I've resorted to finding summaries for the well-known texts to read first to try and make sure that even if I don't get the entire article finished, I know what it's about.

I really need to manage my time better ... or get a time turner. That would help a lot. It's seeming lately like there just aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done and have a decent night's sleep. It seems like to get good grades, I'm either going to have to sacrifice my social life completely or never sleep again. I'm not quite sure which option is less appealling, to be honest.

I'm thinking about enrolling in first year courses again next year if my marks aren't as good as they should be. At least that way, I'll know that I know what I'm in for and I'll probably be able to manage better. But that seems like such a waste of a year. I'm so confused! If I don't get into second year law, I really have no clue what I want to do and that is really worrying me.

And to be quite honest, my law course is boring me to death. The lectures I enjoy are few and far between and because of the late lecture time, I find I can't concentrate properly in there; which cannot be a good sign for my final mark. It sort of makes me question if I'm even doing the right course if it's boring me to death the way it is. I'm just really hoping it picks up soon- otherwise I'm in trouble.

Looks like I'm having no social life. I like sleep too much to give it up. How exciting the next few years are going to be: lectures, tutorials, essays, study, reading, sleep. Lather, rinse and repeat. Fml.

No comments:

Post a Comment