Search This Blog

Thursday, March 3, 2011

and i'm drowning you out ...

So, university started on Monday. Thursday is my only free day this week and as of next week, I will have no free days at all. Bummer.

I'm taking four papers this semester: law, philosophy, politics and biological anthropology. Anthropology is going to be interesting, I think. But it will be pretty sciencey. More so than I expected, I think. But, it should be awesome all the same. My lecturer seems okay, she doesn't stand out but she seems pretty okay- though she doesn't make a lecture outline available at all, which is a pain.

My law lecturer is really nice. She doesn't talk too pretentiously for beginners to understand, which is awesome and she has cool powerpoints ;3 

My philosophy lecturer is a bit .. well, she sticks almost exactly to the lecture notes in our coursebook, so it's just her reading from the page really. That doesn't really work for me, but hopefully it will pick up soon.

Politics is pretty awesome. I know a bunch of people in there from MAGS, so that's cool. My lecturer seems pretty awesome. We didn't really get into learning stuff in the first lecture, but she seems like she explains things pretty thoroughly, which is cool. She seems the most approachable out of all of my lecturers ... and she kind of looks like Prof. Trelawney xD

I could have admittedly made a better job of my timetable this semester. I have too many gaps between lectures which is a real pain. But I suppose when I start getting assignments and stuff, I can use that time to work on them in the library or something, rather than trying to do it at home and getting distracted. Which I would.

All things considered, my first week has been pretty awesome so far. One day left to go and I haven't gotten lost yet, which is an achievement for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment